Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day Two Paps of Enu, Ballyvourney


Simply put: Ireland is magical and truly green. This is my second day at the Cahernane House in Killarney. I love this hotel. Its located off Muckross Rd just a mile from town. As you turn down the gravel road of lined trees way down deep along Killarney National Park is this oasis; CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL. The staff is extremly helpful and polite. Hats off to Marion and Barry for making all of us feel so at home. They are so polite and sweet that I not dare share my love of Irish slang words with them. I would never forgive myself if I scared them off...
My view from my room is heavenly. I look onto vast green land with sheep, baby sheep, hens and a big red and black rooster. They (rooster and hens) act more like border collies and corgi's herding us to be their friends and play. It's so elegant and special. Not the slight bit stuffy or pretentious. If your reading this blog check out their website below and see the differnt rooms Im sipping tea in. Its been a full day. I visited the Paps of Enu and a holy sacred well and ended my day with a horse and buggie ride through Muckross. Jerry O'Connell was our guide. As he said good-bye he said "If I can't be with you, then may god be with you" now that's the spirit of the Irish people. Off to the pub. Did I MENTION HOW CREAMY THE GUINESS IS...